NEET PG 2017: Application deadline extended till Nov 7. Exam Date 5th – 13th Dec 2016.
National Board of Examinations (NBE) has extended the NEET PG and NEET MDS deadline by 7 days. Earlier, the last date of registration is Monday, October 31, 2016, now it is being extended to Monday, November 7, 2016. NBE has not specified any reason for the extension of the date but it is definitely good news for the PG medical aspirants. The NEET PG is scheduled to be conducted from Monday, December 05, 2016 to Tuesday, December 13, 2016 whereas for NEET MDS 2017, it is from Wednesday, November 30, 2016 to Saturday, December 03, 2016.
NEET Results 2016: The CBSE has announced the results of NEET exam phases 1 and 2
MBBS graduates pursuing internship from Medical Colleges affiliated to Dr. N T R University of Health Sciences and completing their internship on or before 15th April 2017 shall be eligible to register online for NEET-PG 2017.
The cost of application fee for NEET PG and NEET MDS is Rs.3750 (for General and OBC candidates) and Rs.2750/- (for SC.ST/PWD/PH candidates). For any query, Candidates can contact to NBE Candidate Care Support: Phone: 0124- 6771700/ 1800111700 (toll free) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
NEET-PG, a computer-based test comprises of 300 multiple choice questions following the syllabus of MBBS curriculum taken at medical colleges in India. Whereas, NEET-MDS is also a computer-based test which comprises of 240 multiple choice questions.
NEET-PG is a single window entrance examination for PG courses. NEET-PG is an eligibility-cum-ranking examination prescribed as the single entrance examination to various MD/MS and PG Diploma Courses as per Section (10) of Indian Medical Council Act 1956.
AIPMT 2016 (Medical exam) scheduled for May 1 to be treated as first round of the National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET)
SCOPE OF NEET-PG 2017
NEET-PG 2017 shall be a single eligibility cum entrance examination namely ‘National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test for admission to Postgraduate Medical Courses’ for the academic session 2017 which will include the following:
- All India 50% quota seats for MD/MS/PG Diploma courses (all states except Andhra Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir and Telangana)
- State quota seats for MD/MS/PG Diploma courses for all States/Union territories of India (including the states of Andhra Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir and Telangana)
- MD/MS/PG Diploma courses at all Private Medical Colleges, Institutions & Universities/Deemed Universities all across the country
- MD/MS/PG Diploma courses at Armed Forces Medical Services Institutions.
- DNB Broad specialty courses (January 2017 Admission Session)