IIM Rohtak to conduct Common Admission Process(CAP) for admission 2018 into nine IIMs.
IIM Rohtak to conduct Common Admission Process(CAP) for admission 2018 into 9 IIMs.
IIM Rohtak will be conducting the Common Admission Process (CAP) for admissions into the 9 IIMs for the academic session 2018-20 soon. Out of 13 new IIMs, 9 Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs) have come on board to participate in CAP 2018 by IIM Rohtak. IIM Shilling, IIM Nagpur, IIM Visakhaptnam and IIM Amritsar are not participating.
This is the second year in a row that IIM Rohtak has been assigned with the important responsibility to conduct the Common Admission Process. The institution had successfully conducted the CAP for 9 IIMs last year as well.
The participating IIMs are IIM Bodhgaya, IIM Kashipur, IIM Raipur, IIM Ranchi, IIM Rohtak, IIM Sambalpur, IIM Sirmaur, IIM Trichy and IIM Udaipur.
About Common Admission Process 2018:
- In order to save the time and resource of the IIMs as well as the candidates, the institutions conduct common selection process including Writing Ability Test (WAT) and Personal Interview (PI) rounds
- Each participating IIM shortlists and selects candidates based on their individual admission criteria
- For CAP 2018, the candidates will be tested for their writing skills by experts in Written Ability Test. After WAT, candidates will have to appear before a panel for Personal Interview
- IIM Rohtak will begin the WAT and PI rounds for shortlisted candidates in mid-February and will continue the process till early March
- The exact dates of WAT and PI will be put in public domain after the CAT results are declared
- The CAP 2018 will be conducted in all the major cities such as New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bengaluru, and Chennai
- This year, 2.31 lakh candidates registered for CAT, out of whom only 3300 will get into the IIMs in 2018
- The institution is the 8th IIM established by Ministry of HRD, Government of India and is the only IIM in the Delhi / NCR region, The vision of IIM Rohtak is to be a global reader in the creation and dissemination of management knowledge and a global learning centre in due course of time.