GIM FPM Admission 2022: GIM has released its online application form for admission to the FPM (Doctoral) course. FPM is a four-year residential program offered by GIM with the objective to train participants for research and higher teaching. Students with a minimum of 60% marks secured in the qualifying examination can apply for the course. They should also have a minimum of 60% marks for 12th standard.
The FPM selection criteria will include the evaluation of the statement of purpose and research proposal and an interview round before the shortlisting of a candidate.
Goa Institute of Management (GIM) is a leading business school focused on transforming and improving management education. With a proven leadership team and renowned faculty, state-of-the-art learning infrastructure, attention to student comfort for a conducive research environment, GIM has been instilling a socially responsible management ethos to its students for almost 3 decades.
FPM offers a chance to the students to study in various fields of business, management, and similar functional areas.
What are the Management streams that can be pursued at GIM?
Areas of Research Pursuit
There are several domains where candidates can hone their skills with the ambition of getting assimilated in the relevant workforce post the completion of their Fellow program. Some of the most commonly explored areas in GIM include:
- Big Data Analytics
- Human Resource Management
- Information technology
- Organizational Behaviour
The above listed disciplines cut across several industry verticals and pave the way for FPM degree holders to join various Research Organisations, Educational Institutes, Marketing Consulting Firms, Banking and Financial Services sector, Customer Services, Operations Management, and IT firms.
Advantages of a Full-Time FPM at GIM
- FPM is a full-time, residential Doctoral programme with three distinct phases – Course Work, Comprehensive Examination & Research Seminar and Thesis work. The 4-year curriculum is rigorous and highly research-oriented.
- A residential FPM programme provides the participants invaluable reinforcement with in-depth analytical and functional skills to succeed in their chosen fields. They are given an opportunity to work as teaching and research assistants in real-time practice, under the supervision of a renowned and acclaimed faculty.
- This Doctoral programme provides global exposure with an opportunity to attend national and international conferences, workshops etc.
- The beautiful campus provides access to different kinds of labs for blending theoretical knowledge with real world practice. These include:
- Finance Lab – provides access to global real-time financial resources like Bloomberg, Reuters and also to vast research databases; with the intention of helping researchers build innovative financial models and create unique financial products.
- Behavioural Lab – intended for advanced academic research in the management fields of Marketing, Organizational Behaviour and HRM, the lab provides a controlled environment for data collection for behavioural research.
- Data Science Lab – the lab provides access to Big Data tools such as Microsoft Azure, SAS, Tableau, Power BI, etc. to attempt data modelling on actual data sets.
- Students are also provided monthly stipends and other forms of financial support to pursue their career ambition.
Who Should Opt for FPM? This Doctoral course is ideal for postgraduates who are interested in pursuing a career as faculty members at premier academic institutions across the globe. It is also the right choice for those seeking positions in the field of advanced research and analytics that requires the application of management concepts such as planning, policymaking, consulting, etc.
Popular Career Prospects
Let us examine some of the common career paths open to FPM holders after their course completion at GIM. These include:
- Joining reputed academic institutions, management schools in the role of Assistant Professor or other form of faculty.
- Joining the corporate sector in areas of Consulting, Analytics, Investment Banking, and other general forms of management.
- Joining research wings of industries with special focus on areas like Data Analytics and Data Science, Marketing Research, Quantitative Business Research, Organisation Development, Strategy Planning and so on.
- Joining the government sector in advisory roles in departments and think tanks such as the Planning Commision, NITI Ayog, that shape and implement national policies.
- Pursuing an additional Research Fellow program in business schools abroad and then joining foreign schools as a faculty member.
- Self-employment in the form of entrepreneurship, startups, management guru or releasing management publications.
Fellow Programme in Management is a full-time doctoral programme with three distinct phases – Course Work, Comprehensive Examination & Research Seminar and Thesis work. The programme typically would run for four years.
- Monthly Stipend
- Rs. 35,000 per month during first and second year of the programme
- Rs. 37,500 per month during third year of the programme
- Rs. 40,000 per month during the fourth year of the programme
- Contingency fund
- Rs. 25,000 per annum for four years and a grant of Rs. 20,000 for Data Collection during third year.
- Conference support
After successful completion of course work and comprehensive exam, candidates will get conference participation support as mentioned below –
- 2 National conferences (maximum financial support – Rs. 30,000 per conference; fund cannot be adjusted against any other conference/purpose). One conference during FPM third and fourth year.
- 1 Foreign conference with maximum financial support of Rs.1,50,000 per student during third/fourth year.