The verbal Ability is another important section in most of the competitive exams as a lot of questions come from this section. Many students face difficulty in this section due to less acquaintance with the English language. So, the chances of their selection reduce as most of the exams like bank exams, CAT, etc. have a sectional CAT cutoff that the candidates need to clear in order to get selected.
As the importance of verbal ability is now known, one must be very well versed with this section to increase their chances of selection in the respective exams. So, here some tips are given to help the candidates crack the verbal ability section of the exams they are planning to take.
- Develop a habit of Reading: Reading comprehension is an integral part of the verbal ability section and it requires the candidates to read and understand a given passage to answer the given questions. So, it is very important to improve the reading ability as it would help to read and understand various context quickly and easily.
- Read Newspapers and Magazines: Standard newspapers and magazines are a great way to improve the reading skills and diversify one’s reading genres. This would allow the candidates to understand the context and idea of the passage properly. With diversified reading skills, the ability to understand abstract topics become easy and fast.
- Prepare the Grammar properly: As a lot of questions are related to the grammar, the candidates should have proper grammar skills to answer the related questions. So, follow some good grammar books to have a proper hold over the subject.
- Improve Vocabulary: Many of the questions asked in the verbal ability require the candidates to know a variety of words to answer them. So, vocabulary is very crucial for the exams as the questions related to synonyms and antonyms are often asked. Thus the candidates are advised to learn new words every day and learn its usage in sentences.
- Practice Previous year Papers: he best way to know the pattern and level of the questions that are generally asked in the respective exams. So, practice more of reading passages from previous year papers and get acquainted with various related questions.
These tips can help the candidates to prepare well for the verbal ability section and crack it with ease. The candidates should also focus on the different topics that are asked in the respective exams, be it bank or CAT exams and practice them properly. The verbal Ability is a very easy scoring and less time-consuming section and so the candidates should try to achieve more marks in this section.
About the author: With a degree in Engineering, Souvik Bhattacharjee is a content writer by profession. He loves writing and blogging along with part-time teaching. He is presently exploring all about the digital education with Byju’s-the Learning App. Submitted by Souvik