Regarding admission in NIT+ System (NITs, IIEST Shibpur, IIITs, GFTIs)
NIT Admission 2021: In continuation to JoSAA counselling schedule available at https://josaa.nic.in, all the
candidates who have been allotted a seat in JoSAA-2021 (Rounds 1-6) are required to read the following instructions carefully: –
1. Online Document Verification for first time allottees in Round 6: After declaration of Seat Allocation of JoSAA Round 6 on November 18, 2021, the candidates who have been allotted a seat first time in JoSAA Round-6 have to do Online Reporting through JoSAA portal
- by depositing the Seat Acceptance Fee and Uploading required documents latest by 17:00 hrs of November 19, 2021,
- by responding to the queries (if any) of the Document Verifying Officer latest by 17:00 hrs of November 20, 2021, and
- by following the below mentioned procedure.
2. For all the candidates allotted seats in Round 1 to 6: There will be Online Reporting for provisional admission (instead of physical reporting) by paying partial admission fee during Nov. 20 – Nov 24, 2021 through JoSAA Portal only.
Procedure for Depositing Partial Admission Fee: The candidates whose documents have been verified successfully in any of the JoSAA Rounds (1 to 6) will find the option ‘ADMISSION AND PARTIAL FEE PAYMENT’ to deposit
Partial Admission Fee in their login on JoSAA portal.
- The candidates are required to deposit the Partial Admission Fee COMPULSORILY, latest by 17:00 of November 24, 2021 on the JoSAA portal, to SECURE their admission.
- They must read and follow the ‘Terms and Conditions’ carefully, displayed after opting ‘ADMISSION AND PARTIAL FEE PAYMENT’ option.
- After agreeing to the ‘Terms and Conditions’ of the admission, they are required to pay the Partial Admission Fee (Rs. 40,000/- for GEN, GEN-EWS, OBCNCL and Rs. 20,000/- for SC, ST, PwD candidates) by clicking the link given on the JoSAA-2021 portal. The partial admission fee can be paid using Net Banking / Debit card / Credit card or State Bank of India e-challan.
- There is no need to report physically at the Allotted Institute at this stage
- If a candidate DOES NOT PAY Partial Admission Fee by 17:00 of November 24, 2021, it will be treated as if the candidates is not interested in taking admission in the allotted institute and hence, the allotted seat will be CANCELLED and will be treated as vacant for further rounds of counselling (CSAB Special Rounds). However, such candidates will still be eligible for participation in CSAB Special Rounds. Refer CSAB portal for more details.
3. Reporting at the allotted institute: After paying the Partial Admission Fee, the candidates should visit the respective Allotted Institute Website for further formalities for admission to the first semester of the session 2021-22.
- The candidates who have paid Partial Admission Fee will also be eligible to participate in CSAB Special Rounds. For more details refer the CSAB Special Rounds brochure.
- Reporting at the allotted institute is not compulsory at this stage if participating in CSAB Special Rounds. Source