CAT 2022 paper analysis: A different CDC? When they first came out, the majority of aspirants indicated that as predicted the CAT 2022 exam maintained the format of the CAT 2021 exam, which had a shorter time limit of two hours and 40 minutes for each section.
The number of questions in each section is still an unanswered question. In the end, CAT 2021 had 66 questions, compared to CAT had 76 questions.
Big surprises in CAT 2022:
- Para completion is coming back again in CAT which was similar to XAT exam and it had stopped coming in CAT for a really long time. But they’re easy to score!
- DILR had 4 sets of 5 questions. 2 sets were easy; brownie points for attempting these. The other two were complex and left by most students
- Modulus-based questions of Algebra were there in Quants.
- Quants was on the tougher side in Slot 2 as compared to Slot 1 CAT 2022
- VARC had 4 RCs of which 2 surely were easy to do; the philosophy one was abstract and complex
Section-wise question distribution:
- CAT 2022 VARC: Total 24 questions
- CAT 2022 DILR: Total 20 questions
- CAT 2022 QA: Total 22 questions
The marking criteria remained the same — +3 for correct answers and -1 for answers in MCQs and +3 for the correct answers and there is no negative marking in non-MCQs
Here are a few highlights:
- The first slot of CAT 2022 was a little more challenging than the first slot of CAT Exam 2021.
- The second slot of CAT 2022 was a little more challenging.
- VARC had a moderate difficulty level comparable to the VARC part from the previous year.
- Due to fewer set options, DILR went to the CAT 2021 level and was moderate to challenging In terms of difficulty In terms of LODv QA was simple. Source: India Today