For the first time ever the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has announced an Internship Scheme of CBI. It can be an excellent break for anyone interested in Data Science, Data Analysis along with the opportunity to work in a federal agency of the country. The internship is for a period of 6-8 weeks and a certificate shall be given by CBI to the intern on the basis of performance.
This internship seeks to engage Indian nationals, who are Graduate/Post Graduate or Research students enrolled in reputed University/Institutes within India and preferably specializing in Law, Cyber, Data Analysis, Criminology, Management, Economics, Commerce and Forensic Science including Digital Forensics and associated subjects.
The Internship shall be held during the summer vacations of the Universities/Institutions starting mid of May, 2020.
Once selected, the CBI will provide the interns with all necessary material for their work but they will not be paid and will have to arrange for their stay and travel. According to the brief, the “interns” shall be attached within the CBI and would be expected to supplement the process of analysis within the Agency through desirable empirical collection and collation of in-house data and other information.
Number of Interns:
A total number of 30 interns will be engaged for different CBI Branches at Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Hyderabad, Bengaluru, Kolkata, Lucknow and Chandigarh.
- A citizen of India
- A Graduate/Post Graduate or Research Student enrolled in reputed University/ Institution within India and preferably specializing in Law, Cyber, Data Analysis, Forensic Science, Criminology, Management, Economics and Commerce and has completed at least 3 years college of the integrated course.
How to Apply
Interested candidates for Internship can download the form and submit the same along with relevant supporting documents and a 300 words write-up on why he/she wants to join internship in CBI in the chosen area of interest, to the, “Superintendent of Police (Training), CBI Academy, Hapur Road, Kamla Nehru Nagar, Ghaziabad, Uttar Pradesh – 201002” through speed post.
The offline application closes on February 21, 2020.
Conditions of the Internship:
- No payment will be made during the internship while Interns will have to make their own arrangements for stay and travel.
- CBI will not be liable to provide any medical facility or any other facility to the Interns.
- Internship does not provide any right for any future employment in the CBI
- Interns will be provided all the necessary help in carrying out the research on the chosen topics by making available the required data, study material, in depth exposure to investigation process as well as the prosecution process based on sound legal footings and exposure to court process.
- Interns are expected not to disclose anything confidential to any one, which they may come across during internship. They will sign a “No Disclosure Certificate” on joining.
- Interns will be required to have their own laptops. Department shall provide them working space, internet facility and other necessities as deemed fit by the Head of the branch.
Do not fall for fraudulent offers – Read Advisory Below