Updated as on Sep 30, 2021: Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2022 registration-cum-application will begin today. Candidates interested in taking admission in MTech courses IITs or those looking for a government job after completing their graduation can apply at the official website. The application process will continue till Sep 24.
GATE Exam 2022: The Graduate Aptitude Test Engineering (GATE) 2022 will be organised by IIT Kharagpur. GATE held as an annual test to shortlist candidates for admission to postgraduate programmes in engineering or science with scholarship and assistantship from the Ministry of Education (MoE) was organised by IIT Bombay last year. GATE is conducted in eight zones in India jointly by Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore and seven Indian Institutes of Technology, or IITs, (Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and Roorkee) with one organising institute on a rotational basis. from the Ministry of Education (MoE) will be organised by IIT Kharagpur next year.
- IISc beats the world’s best research impact: QS list
- Why Indian Institutions aren’t figuring prominently at World Rankings
- GATE Exam 2022. Eligibility, Pattern, Exam Dates & IIT M. Tech Admission
IIT Kharagpur on Thursday announced to conduct the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE 2022) on 5th, 6th, 12th and 13th February 2022. IIT Kharagpur also announced that 2 new papers have been introduced. The two new subject papers available to the candidates are – GE (Geomatics Engineering) and NM (Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering).
- 2 new paper introduce this year, Naval Architecture and Marine Engineering, Geomatics Engineering.
- Now a total 29 papers are present for the GATE Exam 2022.
- Last year IIT-Bombay introduced two papers- Humanities and Environmental Science in GATE.
- According to IIT-Bombay, a total of 14,196 students have enrolled for newly introduced humanities subjects.
- Only 17.82% have qualified in GATE 2021
- The Chairman of GATE 2022 will now be Professor Virendra Kumar Tewari, Director of IIT Kharagpur.
IIT Bombay while handing over the responsibility in a statement said: “IIT Bombay handed over the responsibility of organizing GATE 2022 to IIT Kharagpur after successful completion of GATE 2022 on schedule in spite of the pandemic.”
The Chairman of GATE 2022 will now be Professor Virendra Kumar Tewari, Director of IIT Kharagpur.
A total of 1.26 lakh candidates (17.82% ) have qualified in GATE 2021, the result was released on March 19. Those who clear GATE will be eligible for admission to MTech courses at IITs as well as be eligible for jobs in PSUs. GATE 2022 will now have 29 newspapers, last year IIT-Bombay introduced two papers- Humanities and Environmental Science in GATE. According to IIT-Bombay, a total of 14,196 students have enrolled for newly introduced humanities subjects. Last year, GATE opened its doors for students from humanities and commerce backgrounds.
GATE 2022 registrations: How to apply
Step 1. Go to gate.iitkgp.ac.in
Step 2. Click on the registration link
Step 3. Login using your name, mobile number, and valid email id
Step 4. Fill required credentials
Step 5. Upload documents
Step 6. Pay fees
Step 7. Save and download