Indian institute of Management (IIM) Calcutta released the official final placement report for the 54th batch of PGP class 2017-19. A total number of 441 participating students received 501 offers from recruiters. Average Compensation is INR 25.36 Lac per annum which is 5% higher than last year average salary 24.2 Lac per annum. Total 125 recruiters participated in the placement process. Average salary of the top 75% batch is INR 27.8 Lac per annum; Average salary of the top 50% batch is INR 30.9 Lac per annum; Average salary of the top 10% batch is INR 40 Lac per annum; 33% student received PPO’s which is 5% higher than year PPOs (28%).
- 29% of student placed in consulting sector followed by 19% in Finance; 16% in E commerce , Ops & Prod Man; 13% each in Sales & Marketing and General Management rest 11% in IT & Analytic sector.
- Highest salary of INR 72 Lac per annum was offered by E-com, Operations & Product Management sector
- Highest salary in IT & Analytics is INR 22.25 Lac per annum
- Major recruiters are Accenture, Mckinsey & Company, BAIN and company, Goldman Sachs, Bank of America Merrill Lynch (BAML), Citi, JP Morgan Chase, Deutsche Bank and Avendus, AT Kearney, The Boston Consulting Group, and McKinsey & Co, EY-Parthenon, Alvarez & Marsal and PwC.
- Top recruiters in Consulting sector: Accenture, AT Kearney, Bain, BCG, McKinsey who made offers in double digits. Other top recruiters include EY-Parthenon, Alvarez & Marsal and so on.
- Top recruiters in Finance sector : Goldman Sachs, Bank of America Merrill Lynch (BAML), CITI Bank, JP Morgan Chase, Deutsche Bank and others.
- Top recruiters in E-commerce, Operations, Product Management sector are Amazon, Uber, Udaan, Media.Net, Salesforce Flipkart and others
- Top recruiters in General Management sector & Sales and Marketing are Aditya Birla Group, Mahindra, Wipro, Adani, L’Oréal, Mondelez, Hindustan Unilever and so on.
The Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIMC), established as the first institute for Post-Graduate studies and Research in Management by the Government of India in November 1961 in collaboration with Alfred P. Sloan School of Management (MIT), the Government of West Bengal, The Ford Foundation and Indian industry.
- IIM Calcutta is the first and only triple accredited management school from India (and one amongst 86 such business schools globally to have accreditation from Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS) and Association of MBAs (AMBA).
- It is also the only Indian business school that is a member of the Global Alliance in Management Education (CEMS)
- Worldwide, the Financial Times has ranked IIM Calcutta #23 in its Masters in Management Ranking 2018 and 49 in its Global MBA Ranking 2019.
- The QS Global 250 MBA Rankings 2019 ranked it 111–120 in the world and 12 in Asia.
- The Post Graduate Diploma in Business Analytics (PGDBA) – jointly offered by IIM Calcutta, IIT Kharagpur, and ISI Kolkata ranks 14th worldwide, according to 2019 QS World Universities Rankings.