JAM Exam 2023: Joint Admission test for Masters (JAM) has been established as a benchmark for the undergraduate level science education in the country since 2004 – 05. The objective of JAM is to provide admissions to Post-Bachelor’s Degree Programmes and to consolidate Science as a career option for bright students across the country. The Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) are institutions of national importance established through an Act of Parliament in 1956. The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) is a premier research and teaching institute established in 1909.
- Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati is the Organizing Institute for JAM 2023.
- JAM 2023 is open to all nationals (Indian/Foreign) and there is no age restriction.
- JAM 2023 is a Computer Based Test to be conducted in SEVEN Test Papers at the undergraduate level.
- Candidates may appear in ONE or TWO Test Paper(s).
- Test Papers will have three objective type of questions: (i) Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs), (ii) Multiple Select Questions (MSQs), and (iii) Numerical Answer Type (NATs)Questions.
- JAM 2023 scores are also used by JNCASR, IIPE, IISc, IISER Bhopal, IISER Pune for admission to postgraduate programmes.
- JAM 2023 Scores will be used for direct admission to over 2000 seats for counselling through CCMN in NITs and other CFTIs.
JAM Score is used for admission to various postgraduate programmes such as (i) M.Sc., (ii) M.Sc. (Tech.), (iii) MS (Research), (iv) M.Sc. – M.Tech. Dual Degree, (v) Joint M.Sc. – Ph.D., and (vi) M.Sc. – Ph.D. Dual Degree, across multiple disciplines by premier institutes across the country. JAM 2023 Organizing Institute will coordinate the admission process of only the Admitting Institutes and the qualifying candidates can apply for Admission after the JAM 2023 examination through https://jam.iitg.ac.in.
Candidates can apply for JAM 2023 only through JAM Online Application Processing System (JOAPS) available through https://jam.iitg.ac.in from September 7, 2022 to October 11, 2022.
Candidates have to first register on JOAPS, by providing their name, a valid e-mail address, an active mobile number and setting a password. Upon successful registration, candidate’s Enrolment ID and OTP will be sent to the e-mail address and mobile number provided by the candidate. The candidate needs to use this Enrolment ID or e-mail address along with the password for submitting the application.
Admit Card : An Admit Card, bearing the Candidate’s Name, Registration Number, Photograph, Signature and Name(s) and Code(s) of the Test Paper(s) applied, along with the Name and Address of the Test Centre allotted, will be available for download from JOAPS from January 10, 2023 until the Examination Date.