IIT M. Tech Admission 2022: Indian Institute of Technology Bhubaneswar (IIT BBSR) opens applications for its M Tech program with different specialisations for the M Tech batch 2022 -23., Last date for online application is Apr 20, 20222. All GATE qualified candidates, interested to apply for M.Tech admission, should register first in the Common Offer Acceptance Portal (COAP) for making decision against admission offers (if any). Click here to visit COAP 2022 website for registration.
IIT Bhubaneswar invites applications for admission into M. Tech. Programme for the year 2022-23 in the following specialisations:
- Climate Science and Technology
- Structural Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Water Resources Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Signal Process and Communication Engineering
- Power System Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Power Electronics and Drives
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- Mechanical Systems Design
- Thermal Science and Engineering
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Electric Vehicle Technology (Will be confirmed by 6th April 2022)
- Micro and Nanoelectronics & VLSI Design (Will be confirmed by 6th April 2022)
Reservations for Scheduled Caste (SC) / Scheduled Tribe (ST) / Other Backward Class – Non Creamy Layer (OBC-NCL) / Economically Weaker Sections (EWS)/ Persons with Disability (PwD) category shall apply as per Government of India rules. The certificate for the same must be submitted in the format specified. The OBC-NCL certificate issued after 01.04.2019 by the Competent Authority in the prescribed format must be uploaded in the ONLINE application form and submitted at the time of admission.
Shortlisting and Selection Criteria
- a) The shortlisting of regular candidates for admission into M.Tech. Programmes will be based on GATE score only. The fixing of cut-off score for candidates in different categories shall be as per the norms of the Institute.
- b) Selection of regular candidates is based on 70% weightage for the GATE score and 30% weightage for the performance in the Written Test and Interview.
- c) The final selection of regular candidates will be solely based on the combined scores of the candidates with 70% weightage to the GATE score and 30% weightage to the written test and interview marks. The Written Test and Interview shall be given equal weightage of 15% each. A candidate in the unreserved category will be eligible for interview subject to scoring a minimum of 40% of the maximum marks in the written test. A candidate in the unreserved category will be eligible for final selection subject to scoring a minimum of 50% of the maximum marks in the interview. The fixing of cut-off marks in the written test and interview for reserved categories shall be governed as per the norms of the Institute. Assignment and calculation of the cut-off marks on the combined score for final section of the candidates in different categories shall be as per the norms of the Institute.
Candidates who have served continuously for a minimum period of 3 years in the sponsoring organization are eligible for admission to the M.Tech. Programme as Sponsored Candidates.
- a) A sponsored candidate with a valid GATE score will have to undergo the same shortlisting and selection process as those of the regular candidates.
- b) A sponsored candidate without valid GATE score will be shortlisted only if he/she has obtained a minimum 65% marks (or 7.0 CGPA IN 10 –point scale) in all academic examinations. A relaxation of 5% marks is permitted only in one academic examination. He/she will also have to appear at the written test and interview in the School. The weightage for the Written Test and Interview shall be 70% and 30%, respectively. The candidate will be eligible for interview subject to scoring a minimum of 40% of the maximum marks in the written test. The candidate will be eligible for final selection subject to scoring a minimum of 50% of the maximum marks in the Interview. The fixing of cut-off marks for reserved categories shall be governed as per the norms of the Institute. The final selection will be based on the combined score of Written Test and Interview.
- c) The candidates sponsored by DRDO (Defense Research and Development Organization) and similar approved government organizations, who have been selected through approved internal procedure, will be admitted in the appropriate discipline.
Note: A candidate who fails to appear for the Personal Interview will not be considered for admission.
For General, OBC and EWS candidates Rs. 300/- (Rupees Three hundred only) & For SC/ST/PwD candidates Rs. 150/- (Rupees One hundred fifty only).