National Institute of Technology Silchar (NITS) , Assam will conduct 2nd Phase of Spot Admission for seats vacant in M Tech programmes for 2023 – 2024.
Application Process: Interested and eligible applicants must be physically present with the following documents in ORIGINAL, along with one set of self-attested photocopies of all documents) and the original copy of the application by 10:00 am on 1st September 2023 at the respective departments of NIT Silchar, Assam-788010.
The candidates should download the application form and fill in the same. The scanned version of the application form, along with the receipt of the application fee, is to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Eligibility for Admission:
Bachelor’s degree in engineering/Technology or equivalent in an appropriate area, with at least 60% marks or 6.5 CPI/CGPA on a 10-point scale. A relaxation of 5% marks or 0.5 in CPI/CGPA on a 10-point scale, as the case may be, will be extended to the candidates belonging to SC/ST/PwD categories.
The admission to MTech programs will be based on the performance of the candidate’s credentials, written test and interview by the respective departments.
Important Dates & Points:
Date of written test & interview: 01.09.2023 (Friday)
Declaration of provisionally selected candidates: 02.09.2023 (Saturday)
- Candidates must check their minimum eligibility before coming to NIT Silchar on 1st September. If candidates do not satisfy the minimum eligibility criteria, their admission process will be cancelled, and no financial/other compensation application will be entertained.
- The institute reserves the right to amend any of the clauses above as per orders of the competent authority/ Government of India. In case of any false information provided by a candidate and detected later, his/her admission will be cancelled, and no refund of fees will be applicable in such cases
- All candidates must come prepared to stay in a hostel and join their class from 4th September 2023.
- Candidates must report at the respective department of the institute on 01st September 2023, at 10 am
- The final merit list for allocation of seats in the spot round will be based on the candidate’s credentials and performance in the written test & interview
For hosteler: Rs. 92600/- & Non-hosteler: Rs. 52970/- in the 1st semester. The tuition fee waiver is available only for SC/ST/PwD candidates. The detailed fee structure is available at www.nits.ac.in