CAT Exam 2022: Common Admission Test [CAT] is one of the most popular MBA entrance examinations in India. This test paves the way for the MBA aspirants for getting admission into top B Schools and hundreds of management institutes including the Indian Institute of Management (IIMs). Admissions in different colleges depend on the CAT score of the candidates. Around 2 lac students sit for CAT every year.
This is a computer-based test that is conducted once a year as of now. CAT is Talks are on for CAT to be held twice a year. Considered one of the toughest entrance exams which demands effort to achieve a decent score.
Find all the important information about the CAT 2022 entrance test if you are planning to pursue management studies and a MBA / PGDM/ degree or diploma.
What are the eligibility criteria for appearing for CAT exams?
In order to appear for the CAT entrance examination, there are certain criteria that need to be fulfilled.
Here is the list of criteria needed in order to appear for the CAT entrance examination:
– There is no minimum percentage requirement in the graduation for appearing for the entrance examination.
– The candidate who is in the final year for the examination can appear for the CAT entrance examination.
– There is no age limit for appearing for the CAT examination.
– Candidate must fill out the examination form and fees properly before the given duration.
There are multiple types of questions in the CAT examination.
Broadly the CAT syllabus is categorized into these three categories:
- Verbal Ability & Reading Comprehension (VARC)
- Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR)
- Quantitative Ability (QA)
The below table shows the detailed topics covered in each section of the CAT examination:
CAT 2022 Syllabus
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning||Quantitative Ability|
|English grammar and usage||Direction sense||Geometry|
|Reading comprehension||Blood Relations||Equations (Linear, Special, Quadratic)|
|fill in the blanks||Seating arrangement (linear and circular)||Number system|
|Sentence correction||Coding Decoding||Arithmetic Progression and Geometric progression|
|word-meaning||Case lets, pie chart, line graph||Profit and loss, pipes and cisterns|
|cloze test||Sequence and series||simple and compound interest|
|vocabulary based questions||Venn Diagrams||Time and work|
|Analogy||Clocks and calendars||Averages. Percentages|
|Para Jumble||Binary logic||Allegations and mixtures|
What is the pattern of the CAT 2022 examination?
The CAT examination pattern is generally common and has been followed for the last few years.
Here is the detailed information about the pattern for CAT 2022 examination:
- Total no. of questions – 66 MCQs
- Duration of the exam – 2 hours
- Mode of examination – Computer-based Test [CBT]
- Marking system – Correct answer gains 3 marks &
An Incorrect answer will deduct 1 mark.
CAT Exam 2022 important dates
A proper plan of action for the CAT preparation is one of the main criteria for all the students. Knowing the important dates can help to make a proper plan of action for an examination and avoid last minute hassles or missing any important action.
Here is the list of some important dates:
- CAT Exam 2022 Registration Starts – First week of August 2022
- CAT Exam 2022 Registration Ends – Third week of September 2022
- CAT Exam 2022 Admit Card – Last Week of October 2022
- CAT Exam 2022 – 27th November 2022 (Tentative date)
- CAT Exam 2022 Answer Key Releases – Last Week of November 2022
- CAT Exam 2022 Result – First Week of January 2023
These are some of the important information regarding the CAT exam 2022. The exam fees for the general category students are INR 2,200 and for the reserved category is INR 1,100. This entrance exam can enable the candidate to get into the MBA/PGDM course.
The above information is the best of knowledge from proper sources and you can also find more information on the website. Hope that you give your best efforts for CAT 2022 exams to achieve success.