Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIM C) declared its final MBA placement report for the batch 2019-21.The institute recorded 100% placements with participation from 172 firms which extended 520 offers for the batch of 467 students. Average domestic salary offered is 28.49 lac per annum which is higher than previous year average salary of 27.9 lac per annum.
- IIM Bangalore Official placement Report 2021. Avg Salary 28.98 LPA
- FMS Delhi final placement Report 2021
- Compare Business Schools: IIM A vs IIM B vs IIM C vs FMS Delhi
Also Read : How Trustworthy Are Some MBA Placement Reports
Placement was done in three Clusters
- Cluster 1: 33 recruiters rolling out 143 offers in Asset Management, Investment Banking & Markets, Private Equity & Venture Capital, Management & Advisory Consulting.
- Cluster 2 : 82 offers across 59 roles in FMCG, E-Commerce & ITeS, Consumer Services & Durables from ANI Technologies (Ola), EXL, Tata Consultancy Services, Vedanta Ltd.
- Cluster 3 : witnessed the participation of 49 firms from BFSI, Biotech, Govt. Organizations, Food Aggregators, IT/ITES, New-Age industries, Power & Utilities among others. Students received offers from ICICI Bank, Jubilant Foodworks, Mahindra Comviva, Turtlemint, Yes Bank, etc. Some of the established names like Angel Broking, Biocon, SunEdison, and Young-age startups including Kidex and Orphicy participated for the first time.
32% students placed in the consulting sector followed by 21% in Product Management & IT; 17% Finance; 16% General Management & Operation and 14% in Sales & Marketing.
- Top 5%ile Average CTC 63.7 LPA
- Top 10%ile Average CTC 54 LPA
- Top 50%ile Average CTC 36.6 LPA
- Top 15%ile Average CTC 48.7 LPA
- Domestic average salary offered is 28.49 LPA
- Overall average salary offered is 29.28 LPA
Top Recruiters are Accenture Strategy, Adani, Adobe, Amazon, Avendus, Baja, CITI, Cognizant, Cocacola, Cloudtail, EXL, HCL, Dr Reddy Lab, DSP Mutual fund, KPMG, PAYTM, OLA, PwC, TCS, Total UB, Tech mahindra, RPG, Goldman Sachs, D E Shaw & Co among others.
Year wise placement trends.
|Average salary (INR in LPA)|
Highest salary (INR in LPA)
About IIM Calcutta: IIM Calcutta is 1st IIMs of country and the triple accredited management school from India (and one amongst 86 such business schools globally to have accreditation from Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS) and Association of MBAs (AMBA).
It is also the only Indian business school that is a member of the Global Alliance in Management Education (CEMS) Worldwide, the Financial Times has ranked IIM Calcutta 17 in its Masters in Management Ranking 2018 and 42 in its Global MBA Ranking 2020The Post Graduate Diploma in Business Analytics (PGDBA) & jointly offered by IIM Calcutta, IIT Kharagpur, and ISI Kolkata ranks 14th worldwide, according to 2019 QS World Universities Rankings. As per NIRF Ranking 2020, IIM Calcutta ranked 3rd place.