IIM Kozhikode – The Indian Institute of Management, Kozhikode (IIM K) hosted its 25th Annual Convocation in which a total of 1166 students were conferred with titles and degrees.
Prof. Debashis Chatterjee re-appointed as director of IIM Kozhikode
- A total of 470 participants from the Silver Jubilee batch of IIMK’s flagship Post Graduate Programme in Management (PGP-25) were awarded the MBA degree.
- The graduating students also included 10 students from IIM Kozhikode’s Doctoral Programme in Management (PhD),
- 64 students from the one-year full-time Post Graduate Programme in Business Leadership (PGP-BL 03),
- 38 students from the batch of Post Graduate Programme in Finance (PGP-Finance 02)
- 51 students from the Post Graduate Programme in Liberal Studies and Management (PGP-LSM 02).
IIM Kozhikode Faculty Prof. Ram Kumar Kakani Joins IIM Raipur as a Director
In this year’s ceremony, the graduates chose to wear ethnic clothes, instead of the traditional convocation gowns. This change was brought in to mark the Silver Jubilee of Annual Convocation. All 1166 students, both male (kurta pyjamas, mundus) and female (kurta pyjama, sarees), were dressed in traditional Indian attire in matching maroon hues to celebrate IIMK’s motto and Vision 2047 “Globalizing Indian Thought”. With this, the graduating batch became the first in all IIMs to ditch convocation gowns for traditional clothes in the graduation ceremony.
IIM Kozhikode Placement 2022 Batch. Average Salary Jump by 20%
Union Minister for External Affairs and Parliamentary Affairs, Govt of India Shri V Muraleedharan was the Chief Guest for the 25h Annual Convocation. Dr. Praveer Sinha, CEO and MD of the Tata Power Company Ltd. was the Guest of Honour. The dignitaries were joined by Shri A Vellayan, Chairman IIMK Board of Governors (BoG), Prof. Debashis Chatterjee, Director IIMK, Members of IIMK BoG, faculty, staff, students and their families on this solemn occasion. As per media report.