IME IIT Kanpur Admission 2023: IME IIT Kanpur opens application for its full-time MBA program for the 2023 -25 batch, The Department of Industrial & Management Engineering at the Indian Institute of Technology (IME IIT) Kanpur offers a 24-month full-time Master of Business Administration (MBA) program. The last date to apply is now Jan 31, 2023. IME IIT Kanpur Ranked 20th in the NIRF Ranking 2022, Management Category.
|Tuition Fees||3.4 Lakh for MBA|
|Faculty with PhD||25|
|Average CTC last year||16.6 LPA|
|Highest CTC last year||22 LPA|
|Faculty with Industry Exposure||N.A|
Admissions to the MBA Program at the Department of Industrial & Management Engineering (DIME), IIT Kanpur for the 2023-25 Batch
Core courses are:
- Probability & Statistics
- Economics for Management
- Decision Making and Quantitative Methods
- Financial Management
- Organisation Behaviour
- Production and Operations Management
- Socio-Political, Legal & Ethical Environment of Business
To apply for the academic session of 2023-24 (2023-25 MBA Batch), an applicant must appear for the CAT 2022 examination conducted by IIMs.
For GN, EWS and OBC (NCL) applicants
- Overall score of 80 percentile or above in CAT-2022
- B.Tech. or B.E. or B.Arch. (with Mathematics as one of the subjects in Class XII) or four year degree program leading to B.Sc. Engineering (with Mathematics as one of the subjects), or four year degree program leading to Bachelor of Science degree (with Mathematics as one of the subjects), or Master of Science (with Mathematics as one of the subjects in the UG program), or Master of Arts in Economics (with Mathematics as one of the subjects in the UG program) with aggregate of 60% or a CPI of 6.0 on a scale of 10 from any AICTE recognized institute/university, IITs, NITs, and IIITs
For SC and ST applicants
- Overall score of 55 percentile or above in CAT-2022
- B.Tech. or B.E. or B.Arch. (with Mathematics as one of the subjects in Class XII), or four year degree program leading to B.Sc. Engineering (with Mathematics as one of the subjects), or four year degree program leading to Bachelor of Science degree (with Mathematics as one of the subjects), or Master of Science (with Mathematics as one of the subjects in the UG program), or Master of Arts in Economics (with Mathematics as one of the subjects in the UG program) with aggregate of 50% or a CPI of 5.0 on a scale of 10 from any AICTE recognized institute/university, IITs, NITs, and IIITs
Note: Candidates appearing for the final degree examination can also apply. Such candidates, if selected, will be admitted provisionally. They must complete all the requirements of the qualifying degree at the time of joining the course.
Evaluation: The following stages are involved in the admissions process for the M.B.A. program, DIME, IIT Kanpur.
STAGE 1: Application: Apply by filling the online form (https://pingala.iitk.ac.in/MBADM-0/login) if you meet the eligibility criteria.
STAGE 2: Shortlist: Shortlisting of the applicants will be based on Eligibility Conditions and CAT score. There will be only one shortlist. Shortlisted candidates will be notified via postal mails and e-mails once the process is complete.
STAGE 3: GD/PI: DIME, IIT Kanpur would be conducting a GD and personal interview process for the shortlisted candidates.
STAGE 4: Merit List Preparation: A merit list will be prepared for the selected candidates, and the candidates will be intimated through postal mails and e-mails.
Applicants belonging to different categories [GN, EWS, OBC (NCL), SC, ST, (DAP- Differently Abled Persons)] will be separately merit listed. The cut offs for different categories will be decided by the MBA admissions committee of DIME, IIT Kanpur.
The approved norms on reservation [OBC (NCL): 27%, SC: 15%, EWS: 10%, ST: 7.5% and DAP (Differently Abled Persons) 3% horizontal across GN, SC, ST and OBC (NCL)] will be observed. Please check the latest approved norms of eligibility for reservation.
- The application fees for General and OBC (NCL) candidates is INR 1600/-
- Fee for SC/ST/EWS/DAP (Differently Abled Persons) is INR 800/-
|Online Application Form||
30 December 2022
Last Date of Online Application
|31 January 2023, 05:00 PM|
|16-19 March 202|
|Declaration of Admission Results||
First Week of May 2023
Registration of MBA students
|27 July 2023|
29-30 July 2023
31st July 2023
About IME IIT Kanpur: Set up in 1974 as an interdisciplinary program, the Department of Industrial and Management Engineering (IME) at IIT Kanpur was one of the first in the country to leverage the analytical education of engineers in the training of management professionals. The MBA program was started in 2001. It includes Operations Research, Operations Management, Production & Supply Chain Management, Quantitative Methods & Decision Making, Marketing/Services Management, Business/Social Media Analytics, Innovation & Entrepreneurship, Organizational/Human Resource Management, Business Economics, Infrastructure & Public Systems, Financial Markets and Models, Enterprise Information and Knowledge Systems, etc.