NEET UG 2022: Although none of the authorities have responded to the demands for postponement of the NEET UG 2022 examination, the aspirants are not ready to give up and taking the matter before the central government authorities and have now written to the Union Education Minister Shri Dharmendra Pradhan. In the letter, a copy of which is circulating on the social media platforms, the students have pointed out the reasons for which the exam should be postponed and prayed for deferring the exam by a period of 6 weeks so that the aspirants can prepare well for the entrance test.
“Pursuing MBBS and becoming a doctor is a dream of lakhs of students and the emotions of their parents and teachers are connected with this exam. But due the declaration of premature dates, they have started to give up on their dreams. Please allocate them an adequate amount of time so that they can prepare well for the exam,” the aspirants mentioned in the letter.
“It’s our request to you with folded hands to take up this matter in the interest of the students and provide them with minimum time of 6 weeks and shift the dates to late august or early September so that they can prepare well for the exam,” they further added.
“Pursuing MBBS is a dream of lakhs of students and the emotions of their parents and teachers are connected therewith. But due to this declaration of premature dates, they are starting to give up on their dreams. Please allocate them an adequate amount of time so that they can prepare well for the exam,” the students had mentioned in the letter.
While there has been no response regarding the demands of the aspirants, they have now approached the Union Education Minister Shri Dharmendra Pradhan pointing out the reasons for which NEET UG 2022 Exam should be postponed.
They stated how starting from the delayed exam date last year on 12 September, 2021, the entire process for MBBS admission got deferred and it took till the end of April for the completion of the stray vacancy rounds. The timeline for NEET UG 2021 that the aspirants have pointed out is given below:
1. Date of NEET UG 2021- 12 September 2021
2. Results declared on November 1, 2021. (Due to the pending OBC AND EWS QUOTA CASE in the supreme court the counselling was delayed for an unusual period of more than 6 months which is usually completed in 2/3 months.)
3. On April 18, 2022, DGHS decided to hold special stray vacancy round
4. All India Counselling for BDS courses got extended up to May 15, 2022.
5. Stray Vacancy round ended on April 27 for West Bengal, on April 28 for Haryana, on April 26 for Uttar Pradesh, and on April 27 for Gujarat. Source: medicaldialogues