NIT Jamshedpur Placement Report 2021: National Institute of Technology (NIT) Jamshedpur placement report for the B. Tech Batch 2017-21. National Institute of Technology, Jamshedpur, earlier known as Regional Institute of Technology was established on 15th August 1960 as a joint venture of Government of India and the Government of Bihar in the chain of REC’s (Regional Engineering College) in India.
According to officials of the training and placement cell, the tech cradle has so far achieved 91.11% placement, with one month left for the completion of the placement season. Another impressive placement year with 461 of 506 students getting jobs in ongoing campus recruitments. Software company DE Shaw’s INR 37.5 lakh annual annum.
About 150 companies took part in the placement process which kicked off in July last year. Another 20 companies are expected to turn up in the upcoming months for head hunting the rest students of the placement batch.
- Data Analytics, Big data, Deep Learning
- JEE Mains 2021 phase 3 & 4 Update
- IIT Placement 2021- Encouraging Trends till now
- Top 100 Engineering Colleges with fees & NIRF Ranking 2020
The online recruitment process for the current batch which began in July 2020 gained momentum in October. Professor-in-charge of NIT’s Training and Placement cell, Prahlad Prasad said the computer science engineering stream recorded 100% placement.
“All the 88 students of the stream who were eligible for the placement process bagged plum jobs. Piyush Rai, a student of that stream, bagged the highest salary of INR 37.50 lakh offered by DE Shaw. The IT companies offered an average salary package of INR 15.50 lakh per annum, “he said adding that e-commerce major Amazon offered the second best salary of INR 30 lakh per annum.
As per the data
- The Electronics and Communication Engineering stream recorded 96.15% placement.
- The Mechanical Engineering stream so far achieved 93.98% placement.
- The Electrical Engineering stream recorded 92.60% placements.
- The civil engineering stream recorded 75.76% placements.
- The Production and Industrial engineering stream recorded 86.11% placements.
- The Metallurgical and Materials engineering stream recorded 84.21% placements.
Some of the leading recruiters are Deloitte, Meesho, Goldman Sachs, Nokia, Tata Power, One Plus, Flipcart, Infosys, Comviva, TCS Innovator, Paytm, Genpact, Lowe’s India, Cargil, Tekion, Tata Steel, Mentor Graphics, Publicis Sapient, Info Edge, Samsung (R&D), Bajaj, DMI Finance, Axeela, ZS Associates, Amdocs and others.
“All credits to the training and placement cell team who have worked selflessly and made it a great success . At present we are looking forward to hosting the other companies who would recruit the rest students of the current placement batch, ” said Prasad, the professor-in-charge of Training and Placement Cell.