IIM Sambalpur: Indian Institute of Management Sambalpur (IIM Sambalpur) commencement of its 9th MBA batch 2023-2025, making it the largest batch in the institute’s history.
The institute has expanded the batch size from 300 students last year to 320 students this year. IIM Sambalpur has witnessed a significant rise in female participation in the new batch. Out of the total 329 students, 60% of the seats (197 seats) have been secured by female students, while the remaining 40% (132 seats) have been filled by male students.
The new batch will benefit from comprehensive tech-enhanced learning methodologies, enabling them to stay ahead in the digital age.
The inauguration ceremony was graced by distinguished guests, including Dr. Tapan Kumar Chand, the President of Vedanta Ltd., and Ms. Swati Agarwal, a Partner at Deloitte. These esteemed individuals shared their invaluable insights, offering guidance and inspiration to the incoming batch as they embark on their academic journey. Professor Shivani Sharma extended a vote of thanks to all the dignitaries present at the event, acknowledging their contributions to the occasion.
Prof. Mahadeo Jaiswal, Director, IIM Sambalpur expressed his views while welcoming the largest batch in the institute’s history with such great gender diversity. He said, “At IIM Sambalpur, we focus on three core values that are innovation, integrity and inclusiveness which are based on the teachings of the Hindu deities – Brahma, Vishnu and Mahesh.
The three lines in IIM Sambalpur’s logo depict those three in the form of famous Sambalpuri handloom design. These are the three core values if focused can help Indian B-schools to rank globally. Going forward I believe that these values will be the differentiating factor in the learning journey of the incoming batch. I hope this transformative educational experience for the students will bring about a bigger societal impact in the future.”
Ms. Swati Agrawal, Partner, Deloitte, shared the concept of IPL in management, which she explained as Impact, Purpose and Leadership. Impact depicts the societal impact that you make; purpose depicts your inner drive; and lastly, leadership is about having the vision, empathy, and inspiring others. Equally important are two Fs, which are failures and friendships. Students will have to learn to move on from failures and secondly friendships. Build as many friends as you can. They will be your support systems in future life. Be authentic.
Mr. Tapan Kumar Chand, President, Vedanta Ltd. shared the importance of ethical leadership. He shared his professional experiences with students and the importance of ethical leadership in different roles and its benefits in the long run. He underlined the power of concentrated efforts, which will help one in achieving great results.
IIM Sambalpur MBA Placement 2023: The Indian Institute of Management, Sambalpur (IIM S) has concluded its placement season for its MBA 2021-2023 batch. This year, the institute recorded 100% placement, with the highest package of Rs 64.61 lakh per annum (domestic) and Rs. 64.15 lakh per annum (international). The average salary is Rs. 16.64 lakh per annum and the median salary is Rs. 16 lakh per annum for MBA batch 2021-2023. However, the average salary for women students is Rs. 18.25 lakh per annum.