XAT 2023 Syllabus: Xavier Aptitude Test [XAT] is one of the reputed entrance tests conducted by Xavier School of Management, Jamshedpur. This exam paves the way for taking admission for courses like MBA/PGDM/Executive Diploma. There are total 100 MCQs questions which carry 1 mark each and there is 1 essay of around 250 words. The exam is carried on an online platform and the duration of the exam is around 190 minutes. Many aspirants might be confused about the exact syllabus for the exams. Here, we will provide detailed information about the XAT exam syllabus.
XAT exam syllabus:
There are 2 parts in the XAT exam syllabus.
- Part 1: Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation, Verbal & Logical Ability, Decision Making.
- Part 2: General knowledge, Essay Writing.
Division of the questions as per sections:
|Exam sections||Nos of Q||XAT time|
|Part 1||Decision Making||
Verbal & Logical Ability
|Quantitative & Data Interpretation||
Detailed view of XAT syllabus:
Here we will list out the detailed view of the XAT syllabus that is included in the exams:
- Decision Making: Analytical Reasoning, Business Decisions, Situational Conditions, Ethical Dilemma, Data Arrangement Test, Grouping Test, Decision Making in specific situations.
- Quantitative & Data Interpretation: Work & Time, Number System, Geometry, Probability, Permutation & Combination, Mensuration, Mixtures & Alligation, Percentage & Ratios, Profit and Loss, Algebra, Quadratic Equations, Speed & Distance, Surds & Indices, Logarithm, Trigonometry, Statistics, Tables & Charts, DI Graphs.
- Verbal & Logical Ability: Para Jumbles, Reading Comprehension, Vocabulary, Para Completion, Error Detection, Grammar, Synonyms & Antonyms, Sentence Completion, Odd One Out, Idioms & Phrases.
- GK: Static GK and Current Affairs regarding Economics, Politics, Geography, History, Business Affairs, Sports, National & International Affairs.
- Essay Writing: A 250-word essay on any topic from social & economic issues, current affairs, science & technology, abstract, management & business related topics.
What is a better strategy for preparation of XAT exams as per the syllabus?
Before preparing for the XAT examination, it is important to go through the question papers of previous years properly.
Here are some tips below to help you to make proper strategy for XAT exam preparation:
- Make sure that you are thorough with all the basics of the topics in the syllabus.
- Understand the type of questions by referring to previous year question papers and prepare accordingly.
- Practice solving the question papers more.
- Give proper importance to all the sections in the paper.
- Keep updating yourself about the general knowledge and current affairs at the national and international level.
- Make sure that you do not try to learn new complex topics two days before exams. These days must be just allocated for revision & speed writing practice.
- Make sure that you stay healthy and calm during the exam preparation phase.
These are some of the general information about the XAT exam syllabus. Making proper preparation can help you get better score in the XAT exams.
For regular updates in XAT 2023, list of B Schools and their Cut Offs, Seats, Alerts on Date of applications :