NIT Seat 2022: The JoSAA (Joint Seat Allocation Authority) releases the seat matrix of Indian Institute of Technology (IITs), National Institutes of Technology (NITs), Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIITs) and GFTI funded Institute for the Admission into B Tech batch 2022. JoSAA releases the Seat Matrix of NIT 2022 at its official website. Total of 23,997 UG & 13664 PG seats in all the 31 NITs.
About JoSAA 2022: The Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) 2022 has been set up by the Ministry of Education to manage and regulate the joint seat allocation for admissions to 114 institutes for the academic year 2022-23. This includes 23 IITs, 31 NITs, IIEST Shibpur, 26 IIITs and 33 Other-Government Funded Technical Institutes (Other-GFTIs).
Endorsed by the Joint Implementation Committee, JEE Advanced 2022 and approved by the Chairman, Joint Admission Board, JEE (Advanced) 2022 and Endorsed by the Core Committee of the Central Seat Allocation Board (CSAB) 2022 and approved by the Chairman CSAB 2022.
National Institutes of Technology [NITs], Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur [IIEST], Indian Institutes of Information Technology [IIITs or Triple-I-Ts] and a few other technical Institutes funded fully or partially by Central or a State government [Other-GFTIs] (referred to as NIT+) offer academic programs for which admission is on the basis of JEE Main 2022.
- There are 50% Home State seats for NIT Goa which shall be distributed in the following manner:
- 80% of the Home State seats are reserved for candidates 11 from Goa.
- The balance 20% of the Home State seats is shared by candidates from Union Territories of Daman & Diu, Dadra & Nagar Haveli and Lakshadweep. Any unfilled Home State seats out of these 20% will be utilized by candidates of Goa.
- There are 50% Home State seats for NIT Srinagar (J&K) which shall be distributed in the following manner:
- 90% of the Home State seats is reserved for candidates from J&K.
- The remaining 10% of the Home State seats is reserved for the eligible candidates of the union territory of Ladakh. Any unfilled Home State seats out of these 10% will be available for the candidates of J&K.
For states and union territories without an NIT, Home State quota will be considered in the NITs as shown below:
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands – NIT Puducherry
- Lakshadweep- NIT Goa
- Daman and Diu – NIT Goa
- Dadra and Nagar Haveli – NIT Goa
- Chandigarh- NIT Delhi
- Ladakh – NIT Srinagar
Supernumerary seats for the Union Territories of Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Dadra & Nagar Haveli, Daman & Diu, and Lakshadweep islands will be in the NITs shown below:
- Andaman and Nicobar Islands – NIT Durgapur
- Lakshadweep – NIT Calicut
- Daman and Diu – SVNIT Surat
- Dadra and Nagar Haveli – SVNIT Surat.
Supernumerary seat allocation for these Union Territories will be done 12 after the joint seat allocation and seat acceptance under JoSAA and CSAB Special round for NITs, IIEST, IIITs, and GFTIs. The business rules and schedule for allocating these supernumerary seats will be announced subsequently by CSAB at https://csab.nic.in